Doctor insights on:
My Doctors Says I Have Cough Syncope What Is This And Will It Go Away
Too much pressure: Cough syncope is a condition where you pass out after a coughing spell. Many times this is due to simply being dehydrated. The reason this can happen is this: when you cough, you generate a lot of pressure in the chest. This can compress the veins leading to your heart, which then supply the rest of the body. If you are dehydrated, the veins can more easily collapse, causing the fainting. ...Read more
Some people are susceptible to changes in their blood pressure when they change position, move their head suddenly, or cough. The resultant fall of blood pressure leads to decrease blood flow to the brain. Your brain's idea of a solution to this problem is to make you faint. Now that your head is at the same level as your heart, the problem is solved. A true ...Read more
Start with: A neurologist.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Cough syncope is passing out in relation to coughing. It is caused by a drop in blood pressure which is caused by the cough stimulating the vagus nerve which leads to the loss in blood pressure. It is the same mechanism as the common "fainting spell" some people have. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for my vasovagal syncope without going to a doctor?
- Doctor says i have solar keratosis on my chest what exactly is solar keratosis
- How fast can i make my vasovagal syncope go away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have this huge bump on my eyes what is it and will it go away by itself
- I have a cough that wont go away
- I have a cough that just wont go away
- My doctor says i have a nevus in my eye will it become a cancer
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online