Doctor insights on:
My Doctor Said I Had Acute Gastroenteritis What Does This Mean
Acute vs. recurrent?: Lots of things can cause GI distress to recur--incompletely treated infection (e.g. Giardia) or re-exposure with re-infection; maldigestion (pancreatic insufficiency) or malabsorption (celiac sprue); food intolerances with re-exposure to the offending substance (lactose, sorbitol, etc.), irritable bowel syndrome, missed diagnosis (incomplete evaluation), many viruses & bacteria.What R UR symptoms? ...Read more
Gastroenteritis is: usually a viral illness (but can be bacterial) affecting GI tract. Sx's: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps/pain, headaches, muscular aches, pains & fever (low grade). Bloody stools are not usually associated with gastroenteritis. According to the CDC, viral gastroenteritis usually has a duration of 1 to 10 days (depending on the specific virus). Average is 1 to 3 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can bacterial/acute gastroenteritis be transmitted to my girlfriend if i kiss her? I'm currently in the last stages of my treatment.
Difficult to tell: Bacterial gastroenteritis is an unusual disease in the usa. Far more likely viral. Either way, kissing would be an unusual means of transmission and would depend on so many variable factors that it would be very tough to determine the risks without knowing exactly what you had. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A/N/V/dizziness: If i understand question correctly, the nursing diagnosis should mainly address the actual signs and symptoms. So, severe dehydration should not be nursing diagnosis since technically you may call volume depletion by mistake a dehydration. But would be appropriate to say dizziness, weakness, low blood pressure as these are not disputable and not amenable to error. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If someone has acute gastroenteritis and drinks prune juice. Would that get rid of the virus faster?
NO: It would not have any effect.Get a more detailed answer ›
My 6 yo daughter has acute gastroenteritis (foul smelling watery stool). No fever. No other c/o. Family w similar. Studies show pepto may help but there are concerns about reyes. What say u all?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My optician said i have high eye pressure what does this mean
- My doctor explained that i have an umbilical hernia what does this mean
- My doctor said my heart has extra beats what does this mean
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I get bloody nose a lot what does this mean is something wrong with my nose
- I have aching pain in my hips and back of my thighs what does this mean
- What does it mean if the doctor tells me i have sugar in my urine while pregnant?
- I have had big lymph nodes throughout my body all my life what does that mean
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free