Doctor insights on:
My Disability Benefits
Complicated: You must be medically unable to perform the essential functions of your job, nor are you able to perform other gainful employment in order to qualify for social security. Government agencies have an interactive process to advocate or deny disability benefits. ...Read more
Social security disability for mental illness.Am bored&don't know what to do during the day.Would like to work again concerned about medical benefits?
AVVO.Com: You might pose this question for one of the lawyers to answer on avvo.Com. ...Read more
See below: The diagnosis of scoliosis does not automatically qualify one for disability benefits. It really depends on how that scoliosis is impacting the persons life and whether or not it prevents someone from gainful employment. Most people with scoliosis are able to work in my experience. Some people with scoliosis may not be able to work very physical jobs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Disability: Disability is usually determined based on function. It really doesn't have anything do do with the exact degree of curvature in the spine. Also, just to put it to perspective, at 23 years of age, one is fully skeletally mature and a 25 degree curve at that stage is not treated. Sorry for not answering your question directly. ...Read more
Ability to Function?: Social Phobia can be a terribly debilitating condition. It can prevent ppl from participating in all aspects of life, including pleasurable, meaningful ones. Disability benefits R awarded based on a person's ability to function in their job/occupation, so U might qualify. But my hope would be that U get treatment that helps U get the life U dream of. Learn abt effective treatment on anxietybc.org ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Legal matter mostly: Disability from the legal stance is getting harder to obtain for mental health issues. The stigma of mental illness plays a role here, as courts and lawyers are disinclined to believe that any mental health condition is disabling. If concurrent medical issues are present, i usually advise clients to seek disability for them and add the mental health component secondarily. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will smoking weed worsen my problems with a learning disability
- How will my preemie benefit from a blood transfusion?
- What are the benefits of accepting powerlessness over my addiction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which are the benefits of using kefir in my diet
- Will my teeth benefit from a calcium supplement during pregnancy
- What are the benefits of water therapy for someone with a disability?
- Disability benefits for a child with aspergers syndrome
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free