Doctor insights on:
My Child Swallowed Mr Clean
What to look for: Ingestion of a mouthful amount of feces is not considered to be toxic. Rarely it may cause symptoms similar to food poisoning. Possible Symptoms of poisoning: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, low grade fever. If they do occur, it's often within 30 mins - 4 hrs. If your child is not having any symptoms, give a few sips of water and observe for these symptoms. Call 1-800-222-1222 if symptoms develop. ...Read more
My brother left his magnum detox drink on the table my mom thought it was gatorade and gave my 1 1/2 yr old baby 2 zips can this harm him ??
Poison : Call poison control anytime your child eats , drinks, or swallows something you are not sure about. ...Read more
My 2 1/2 year old chewed up and swallowed a small piece of a baby back rib bone. He had small bits left in his mouth, not too sharp. What to do?
My dog accidentally stuck his dirty paw into my mouth!It tasted bitter and salty.He goes outside 4-5 times a day. Will I be okay?
No big deal: Rinse your mouth out but should not be a problem....teach the dog to wipe his paws!!! ...Read more
Daughter accidentally swallowed brackets frm braces. Does it go 2 her stomach or lungs? Worried ..
Stomach: When you swallow, the epiglottis folds down to covers the air entry site and allows the material to enter the swallow tube. Anything that accidentally enters the air tube would produce immediate and constant coughing. ...Read more
6 month old crawled over to the sliding door, i noticed black stuff on his face and hands. black mold, gave him a bath and wiped his mouth, ER? or no
Black mold: It would be extremely unusual for him to be infected by this and unless he develops symptoms I suspect you did the correct thing and would not take him to an ER. If you still have questions make an appointment to see his regular pediatrician. Good luck and best wishes. ...Read more
Mouth wash ingestion: Small amount, tablespoon size, is not dangerous. ...Read more
My 2 yr old son swallowed a quarter do I need to take him to the er? My 2 yr old son swallowed a quarter he acts fine
Since : Since he appears to be in no discomfort or coughing, the recommendation is to wait between 24 and 48 hours to see if the coin passes into his stool. Please monitor him closely, if he experiences difficulty breathing, vomiting, coughing, turn blues, take him straight to the er. By the date of this post almost a week has passed, if your son has not passed the coin in his stool, or if you are unsure then he will need an x-ray. Besed on the results he may or may not need surgery. All the best. ...Read more
My toddler swallows toothpaste when we brush her teeth am/pm. Is it bad for her? Only apply pea amount. Teaching her to spit but she's struggling?
My 9 year old daughter bought a Bottled soda today, got back into the car and was eating her chips and noticed something on her soda bottle. She scratched it off with her finger and continued to eat her chips. She even licked her fingers. Then she aske
VOC issue: The content of volatile organic compounds varies with each paint. In general, kids do much better when they are not exposed to oil based paints that have more voc's than latex paints the have few. Since the latex paints today offer a great number of choices for the tough demands of kitchens, they would be my choice. Some kids are so sensitive to any odor that even the minor odor of latex is pbm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can a baby catch herpes from a pacifier ? another child had my 7week old son pacifier I rinsed it off with hot water just a little soap I'm worried
Remote possibility: Herpes virus doesn't survive on outside objects like pacifier etc. fir very long. It must be in living cells to spread the infection, such as through intimate contacts etc. Keeping an eye on the baby for development of any herpes blister would be prudent nonetheless, although less likely in this scenario. Feel good ...Read more
Cat scratches: Cat and other animal scratches are capable of transmitting rabies in very rare circumstances. It is wise to observe the animal for 10 days after the scratching or biting incident. Fortunately rabies is quite rare in the US, so it depends on where this occurred and how. Definitely you should talk more with a doctor about this. Luckily with rabies there is time for action - so please see an MD. ...Read more
My 7 year old grandson put a toilet brush in his bath water that was used to clean RAI toilet..9 days after treatment is he contaminated now? scared!!
Low, low risk: Most of the urine that was RAI contaminated should have been flushed and brush was most likely rinsed as well. In addition, any residual chemical on the brush was diluted in the bath water and I assume he did not drink the bath water. I suspect one gets more radiation exposure from an x-ray than the RAI exposed brush. Your concern, however, is understood. ...Read more
My 6 year old daughter swallowed a sharp piece of plastic off of a hard plastic straw she is breathing and swallowing fine should I do anything?
Should be fine: The objects that make it to the stomach have a good chance of making it all the way out in the poo without problems.Feeding a kid some stewed okra can encase the edges of any small object in a mesh & help it move along without snagging the walls. If the kid has colicky abdominal pain it would be a problem.Foreign body ingestion. ...Read more
My 8wk old house puppy nipped at me on left arm. No broken skin, no blood just small tooth mark. Cleaned wound, etc. Rabies? Pup 2 young for shots.
Rabies: Rabies is extremely rare nowdays in the us, especially as a result of dog bites. If there was any risk of rabies, it would be from street dogs, but it doesn't sound like your puppy is a street dog. Also, rabbit dogs would normally be expected to act accordingly. Your case doesn't allude to that. I'd not worry about rabies, but would definitely watch the wound as it is prone to infection. ...Read more
My child is two years old, and whenever I brush his teeth, he swallows tooth paste; is it dangerous?
Son bit into protein bar containing defatted peanut flour, I had him spit it out and brush and rinse til spit was clear, he did not swallow. Did not g?
What is the question: If your son has peanut allergy, you already washed whatever he was exposed to, if he didn't have symptoms, fine, I doubt he would, at any rate a dose of an antihistamine would help and observe for any other symptom. I trust you have other precautions, as an epipen (epinephrine) handy, if he is truly allergic, good luck ...Read more
Used lotion on hands. I have 6 month old daughter. She just licked my hands. I then saw the lotion contains honey. Is she at risk for infant botulism?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My child swallowed lipitor
- Inhaling mr clean
- Is mr clean safe?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My child swallowed ink from a pen
- What happens if my child swallows a coin?
- What to do if my child swallowed a magnet?
- My child swallowed in from a gel pen
- My son swallowed mr clean