Doctor insights on:
My Child Swallowed Ink From A Pen
My toddler swallowed a pair of stud earrings. Any need for panic? Toddler is male. 1 year old. Swallowed a pair of diamond studs. Should i go to the er?
REGULAR VISIT OK: Unfortunately we have plenty of experience with this.If the pair made it into the stomach it should pass within 3-4 days (2 at earliest unless the kid has diarrhea).You can feed the kid some stewed okra, this forms a congeal around the sharp points and helps it pass.Your doc can x-ray the kids belly Monday and locate its position. I suppose you want to retrieve them so check diapers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I took a pen from a Gaurd playing a street dog I guess he touched the pen after playing with dog the pen touched the dogs mouth can I be exposed rabie?
Can rust/burnt food from baking pans and a griddle give you tetanus?I think a piece of rust/burnt food got in my finger.got it out with nail clipper.
Not directly: The issue for tetanus is not the agent that caused a wound in your skin. (although some are more likely than others) The problem is the tetanus spores that can be present in the dust, dirt, environment anywhere and use any open cut to get in and cause tetanus. If you have not had a booster within 10 years it is reasonable to get one soon. ...Read more
Accidentally swallowed a small piece of aluminum foil while eating. I'm a breastfeeding mama. Will this hurt baby?
Foil: Nothing will happen.Get a more detailed answer ›
No likely: Pens are safe and would not be around if they made people sick from writing on themselves. Write on paper. ...Read more
I accidentally inhaled a bit of yellow powder from a fire extinguisher that was spraying, and now i'm having slight breathing problems. Am i ok?
My 6 year old daughter swallowed a sharp piece of plastic off of a hard plastic straw she is breathing and swallowing fine should I do anything?
Should be fine: The objects that make it to the stomach have a good chance of making it all the way out in the poo without problems.Feeding a kid some stewed okra can encase the edges of any small object in a mesh & help it move along without snagging the walls. If the kid has colicky abdominal pain it would be a problem.Foreign body ingestion. ...Read more
CARROT BREATH IN: Chances are the carrot is inside your nose depending on size. Your md can take it out with a forcept. ...Read more
My husband accidentally swallowed a tiny amount of radiator fluid when he was flushing out the car what should we do?
Metabolic Acidosis: "tiny" amount is unlikely to cause symptoms, especially if liver and kidney function are normal. Do not wait for symptoms as may not appear for a few hours after ingestion ethylene glycol toxicity can be lethal and treatable if addressed medically in a timely fashion. Your er doctor will obtain urine and blood tests to determine if treatment is needed and may be able to determine if accidental. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My husband was drinking a soda and his finger accidentally touched my 3 year olds mouth. Could she get infant botulism from the high fructose corn syr?
Will stomach acid dissolve a plastic ziplock type pouch? He accidentally swallowed the tiny plastic bag of candy that was meant to decorate a cookie.
Likely not: The bag is not that easily digested but a small one may well pass through without causing any obstruction. Need to take him to the ER if he starts vomiting and complains of severe abdominal cramps. ...Read more
Usually not: If it made it to the stomach, it should eventually pass in the poo in a few days.If the kid can drink fluids without choking, it made it to the stomach. A pedi surgeon liked to feed the kids stewed okra because if forms a soft bond with the foreign object and helps it move through the gut without scraping the walls. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My two year old took a bit of a cheese stick through the wrapper. She swallowed the plastic wrapping. Do I need to worry about it being poisinous?
Yes. As a general: rule, if it's small enough to swallow easily, it's small enough to pass through your digestive tract. The exception of course is something that might injure your intestinal tract. A small piece of this type of foil will safely pass through. No worries! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ate cookie with molasses. Scared I dropped cookie crumbs and my 4 month old possibly got them on hand/ into her mouth. Could she get infant botulism?
Possible: It is possible to get botulism but it is unlikely. Watch out for symptoms 18 - 36hrs after ingestion. Symptoms in infants are lethargy, weakness, poor feeding, weak cry. Constipation is usually the first symptom to occur. There is nothing for you to do now except observation. If your baby seems to be floppy or develops any of the above symptoms, you need to go to the nearest ER. ...Read more
Should I be concerned, I think I accidentally swallowed a tiny piece of aluminum foil from a sandwich. No bigger than my thumbnail. ?
Should be fine: A small piece of foil should pass through your GI tract without any problem. There are no significant toxic effects from a small piece of foil, nor should there be any mechanical problems such as an obstruction. I always say however if you are having severe pain or vomiting, you should be seen. ...Read more
Does printer ink come off of finger with just soap and water? I got ink on finger from ink cartridge, is it like the same ink in pens?
Being a physician : Doesn't necessarily qualify me to answer that question. I would go ahead & try to wash it off with soap and warm water. If that doesn't work, lava soap can get just about anything off the skin. ...Read more
Depends on food.: If a large piece of food this could be removed with a bronchoscope if still there. Depends on chest x ray findings but not all food seen on them. Liquids can cause a chemical pneumonitis which can lead to pneumonia. Generally our cough reflex will prevent this not always. If symptoms are getting worse go to er or local urgent care center. ...Read more
Probably no worry: If he didnt choke on it and he just swallowed it than it should just pass without worry. ...Read more
I had a very small minor cut about 1/4 inch from a rusty paper clip. A tiny piece of black dust got stuck in it overnight . Do I need a tetanus shot?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will my scar dot from a pen stabbing blue ink under the skin go away
- I swallowed my pen lid
- Is ink in pens toxic?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Help my child ate some ink
- My child swallowed lipitor
- Swallowed metal pen lid
- What is the difference between tattoo ink pen ink?
- My child swallowed in from a gel pen