Doctor insights on:
My Child Has Swallowed A 5p Coin
My son has 2 hard lumps underneath his arm pit about the size of a nickel , complaining of a sore throat too, he is 27 years old.
My 2 yr old son swallowed a quarter do I need to take him to the er? My 2 yr old son swallowed a quarter he acts fine
Since : Since he appears to be in no discomfort or coughing, the recommendation is to wait between 24 and 48 hours to see if the coin passes into his stool. Please monitor him closely, if he experiences difficulty breathing, vomiting, coughing, turn blues, take him straight to the er. By the date of this post almost a week has passed, if your son has not passed the coin in his stool, or if you are unsure then he will need an x-ray. Besed on the results he may or may not need surgery. All the best. ...Read more
Your question is ??: I suppose you would like to know what to do? I would call his regular doc during office hours and see if they can retreive it in the office.They may send you to an ENT who has more specific equipment to remove it. For some kids, it requires a brief trip to the or ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son accidentally swallowed sand while playing under a play structure. He's had a cough since. He says the sand is still in his throght-hours later?
Accidentally swallowed a small piece of aluminum foil while eating. I'm a breastfeeding mama. Will this hurt baby?
Foil: Nothing will happen.Get a more detailed answer ›
My 3 year swallowed a coin 3 days ago. An xray confirmed it passed to his stomach. No coin in stool. He now has diarrhea & mucus.Another trip to ER?
My toddler swallowed a pair of stud earrings. Any need for panic? Toddler is male. 1 year old. Swallowed a pair of diamond studs. Should i go to the er?
REGULAR VISIT OK: Unfortunately we have plenty of experience with this.If the pair made it into the stomach it should pass within 3-4 days (2 at earliest unless the kid has diarrhea).You can feed the kid some stewed okra, this forms a congeal around the sharp points and helps it pass.Your doc can x-ray the kids belly Monday and locate its position. I suppose you want to retrieve them so check diapers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Irritants: At 2 weeks the primary cause of cough is the environment. House dust, fragrance, perfumes, detergent or cleaning products all leave scents that may not bother you but irritate a babies nose. A good nasal clean out with saline can remove much of this irritant load, but removing the offending irritants from babies life helps more in the long run.Air particle filters can also help. ...Read more
Is it wise when a 45 year old father has pierced tongue jewelry and his 6 year old son receives speech therapy?
Not related events: Tongue piercing is never wise. It can cause teeth to chip and break, gums to recede, and is prone to infections. However how this is not related to the child's speech development. If the child has speech issues then therapy will help him develop better speech patterns. ...Read moreSee 4 more doctor answers
My husband was drinking a soda and his finger accidentally touched my 3 year olds mouth. Could she get infant botulism from the high fructose corn syr?
My 5month old had a bandage on his thumb that has benzalkonium chloride 0.1% he had his thumb in his mouth can that harm him?
Not To Worry,: The concentration (0.1%) is very low and safe. It is also used as preservative in pharmaceuticals, e.g. Eyewashes, nasal sprays, hand and face washes, mouthwashes, sanitizers, and disinfectants. Pharmaceuticals such as throat lozenges ; various leave-on skin antiseptics contains some. Check his mouth, hopefully you will see no damage. This product is less water soluble. ...Read more
My 2 1/2 year old chewed up and swallowed a small piece of a baby back rib bone. He had small bits left in his mouth, not too sharp. What to do?
My 18 months old has developed a fever 38.2C, is drooling a lot, vomits snot like liquid, has a small prickly rash on neck and his eczema has exploded?
Go to ER/Dr: Right now. This assortment of symptoms is very concerning to me. ...Read more
My daughter thinks she has swallowed a small piece of lego. She woke up crying but has now gone back to sleep
That is great: If it was in her air way you would not have the time to write now. So the piece of plastic was in her esophagus and has by now almost certainly passed into her stomach. It has no sharp edges or points so it will just pass out of her via her stool probably in 3-4 days time. If she gets really cranky and her abdomen tightens up (I think very unlikely) then she has to be evaluated immediately. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 20 month old son has 2 large white patches inside mouth on his gums, a little bit bigger than a pencil eraser?
Yeast: Loose white patches inside the mouth could signify the presence of yeast commonly known as thrush. The yeast infection can cause problems in other parts of the body, like diaper rash. If you do have thrush, make sure you optimize oral hygiene, if your baby is still on bottles or paci, sterilize them or better yet, wean your baby off them. Consult your doc, as thrush needs a anti fungal medication. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Likely nothing: The seed in its natural form has a hard coat that is likely to prevent any digestion as it passes through the kids GI tract over 3-4 days. In some parts of the world it is consumed as food, though removing the hard coat makes it a difficult seed to enjoy.As far as i can tell, there are no toxicities related to its ingestion. ...Read more
My 11 yr old swallowed a shiny onyx colored stoned shaped magnet maybe the width of a quarter but with depth like a stone?
My 6 year old daughter swallowed a sharp piece of plastic off of a hard plastic straw she is breathing and swallowing fine should I do anything?
Should be fine: The objects that make it to the stomach have a good chance of making it all the way out in the poo without problems.Feeding a kid some stewed okra can encase the edges of any small object in a mesh & help it move along without snagging the walls. If the kid has colicky abdominal pain it would be a problem.Foreign body ingestion. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Swallowed a coin
- Is it easier to swallow soft gels or tablets my child has problems with pills?
- My child swallowed lipitor
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My child has warts
- My child has mrsa
- My child has eczema
- My child has tics
- What happens if my child swallows a coin?