Doctor insights on:
My Child Has Arachnoiditis What Is The Best Way To Explain It To The Other Kids
Scar tissue: The arachnoid is a membrane covering nerves within the cranium and spinal canal. Inflammatory conditions (usually caused by infection, blood or trauma) can cause the arachnoid to bind to nerves and cause other nerves to clump together. So tell the other kids that your child's nerves have been damaged. No need for excessive detail. ...Read more
What is the best treatment for arachnoiditis im in so much pain im currently on 200mg of demerol (meperidine hydrochloride) daily
Non-opioids: For the burning pain associated with arachnoiditis, non-opioid pain meds may work better like membrane stabilizers (gabapentin) or some anti-depressents. Patients also improve with spinal cord stimulation. I hope you do better soon. Talk to you doctor about the above options. ...Read more
Inflammation: The brain and spinal cord is covered by a membrane that has a cobweb appearance. This appearance caused pathologists to use a spider term to describe it. When it is damaged and inflammed it will cause pain and compression of nerves. This often occurs following surgery to the skull, neck or spine. This can result in chronic pain that is very difficult to treat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tough case: Sorry to hear you have this condition. Since it is not correctable surgically you are really stuck with managing the symptoms. There are some interventional pain management techniques that may help. Spinal cord stimulation is an excellent option as an addition to medication management and psychological counseling for coping techniques. ...Read more
Inflammation : Arachnoiditis is inflammation of one of the layers of meninges that surround the spine and or brain. Few patients develop this condition after procedures in the spine and it can feel like burning or tingling sensation radiating down the arm or legs. It can cause sensory deficits as well. There is no cure yet but it's symptoms can be treated depending on what they are. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My child has brucellosis what is the best way to explain it to the other kids
- My child has otitis externa what is the best way to explain it to the other kids
- My child has a fever and no other symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way that i can tell if my child has pinworm?
- What to do if my child has chickenpox?
- Cannot sleep my child has chikungunya what is that
- What is the matter with my feet one has no arch but the other does?
- Talk to a pediatrician online