Doctor insights on:
My Brother Is 29 And His Hair Is Completely Grey What Could Be Causing This
Genetics: Our hair is generally preprogrammed by our genes to stop making pigment that gives it color. Rarely, a medical illness, stressors or medical treatments, like chemotherapy, can change our hair color or cause a lack of color(white or gray). Ask older relatives when they saw their first gray hair. ...Read more
Deficiencies : Sometimes hair goes prematurely gray because of throid or vitamin b-12 deficiencies. Get checked out by a doctor. ...Read more
No, it will not: cause thinning. Go ahead and pull them out. ...Read more
The Maelstrom: Edgar allan poe described the fisherman caught in the maelstrom with premature white hair. No one really believes that this is true. Pigment of the hair gradually fades with age. Disease and genetics (albinism) can alter the pigment cells, but the effect is slow and specific to those hairs that lack the pigment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could cause my hair to turn curly at age 60?
- My husband has alot of pain on his foot what could that be
- My husband has red dots on his penis what could it be
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the type of anemia that is hereditary and causes your hair to go grey?
- What could be causing my migraines?
- Causes of bald spots
- What could cause bald spots in facial hair?
- What could cause my hair to fall out?