Doctor insights on:
My Breasts Are Engorged Even Though I Am Pumping What Should I Do
Severely engorged breast. My nipples are flat . it take 2 to 3 hours just to get 2 ounces of pumped milk. Also very sore. What to do ?
Can I still breast pump always without my breasts drying up , even if I rarely attach my baby too my breasts?
Breast pump: Some babies do not latch well and prefer not to breast feed. Mother then would pump her breast and feed her baby with the expressed breast milk. If this is your situation, frequent pumping will encourage continuous milk production for your baby. ...Read more
I feel that pumping after feeding makes the feeding after takes longer time! as if pumping is decreasing flow milk though its combined with breast fed?
Is pumping the breasts for 12 months going to cause physical or medical problems for me later in life?
After almost two months, my breasts seem to supply exactly what my baby needs. However, is it possible to increase my supply by pumping after feedings?
Do you need?: It sounds like you do not need to do that. Some people pump between and then store the milk for future use ...Read more
I breastfed for about 5 months and it been about 3 weeks. Milk still come out, but my breasts doesn't feel fuller. Should I have pumped the extra out?
Not at all: You may continue to have leakage of milk from your breasts for several more months. Pumping your breasts will actually increase milk production. ...Read more
Yes: Make sure that all of the attachments (including tubing and bottles) are brand new. This ensures there is no cross-contamination of your baby's milk with another's. In fact, breast pumps used in the hospital are used with multiple women, but they are cleaned and the attachments are replaceable to maintain sterility. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
For size or milk?: Breasts pumps essentially apply a suction cup device to your breast that draws out the milk that mimics the sucking action of a child's mouth. The brava device is an external vacuum hamber that stretches the skin of the breast. When maintained for a prolonged period this can cause permanent enlargement of the breast by a limited amount. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do if my breasts are extra engorged?
- My gums are inflamed and causing me pain what should i do
- What should i do to reduce my breast size?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do if my husband does not want to have sex while i am pregnant?
- My brown spots are raised what should i do to get it checked out
- I had dreams that more lumps developed in my breasts what should i do mammogram
- My newborn has not pooped since i switch to breast milk what should i do
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online