Doctor insights on:
My Breasts Are Engorged Even Though I Am Pumping What Should I Do
Severely engorged breast. My nipples are flat . it take 2 to 3 hours just to get 2 ounces of pumped milk. Also very sore. What to do ?
Not sure you can: The breast become firm before pumping because the glands in the breast fill with milk. When you pump, you empty the little sacs that make up the glands. It takes a time to refill the sacs which firm up the breasts. If you stop breast feeding the milk will stop and the glands will no longer fill. the breasts should firm up a little after that but will not be as firm as when they are full ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nothing: Nothing.Get a more detailed answer ›
Rinse/dishwasher: The pump itself isn't meant to be "cleaned"-- only the parts that touch you and touch the milk need to be washed. Check the manufacturer's instructions, but for most of them the reservoir bottles and the funnel-shaped part that goes against your breast (sometimes called the "shield") can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher. The tubing can be rinsed out by hand. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Sure! you can rent one from most hospitals that deliver babies. Just call the lactation consultant at your nearby hospital and they will usually be able to get you a hospital-grade pump. You will need to purchase your own sterile equipment that will be used only for your baby. They are usually able to provide this for you to purchase as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Breast pump: A breast pump is used to pump breast milk. There are manual pumps and electric pumps. Both are effective, but the electric breast pump is efficient also. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do if my breasts are extra engorged?
- Why am i gaining weight even though i do not eat bad foods or snack a lot?
- Why do i feel so exhausted even though i am getting enough sleep?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could i be pregnant even though i got my period
- Could i be pregnant even though i had my period
- Is it possible to be pregnant even though i got my period?
- Should i continue to do crunches even after my tummy tuck
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online