Doctor insights on:
My Baby Is Constipated What Can I Do
Also, is he truly : constipated? Babies don't need to have a bowel movement every day, so unless the stools are very hard, and infrequent and he is uncomfortable, you don't need to do anything. You can give him extra water in between his bottles of formula. If that doesn't help, please consult with his doctor. ...Read more
Water: Most constipation is due to dehydration. Give him or her a little extra water or dilute his milk or formula with water. You can also try mineral oil, which is a clear oil, that you can mix with food or drink and this will naturally soften stool. If baby is throwing up, fevers, or not eating and excessively fussy, you need to contact your pediatrician. Try vaselline on rectum too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My baby was admitted on fri night with gastroendreitis he's now constipated what can I do to help him he's in loads of pain?
P Fruits: Try the " P " Fruits Peaches, Pears or Prunes. A half Jar of one of the P Fruits will help baby have a soft stool. Alternatively, 2 oz of water mixed with 2 oz apple juice will work. ...Read more
I started my 3 month old on baby food 2 days ago. Now he's constipated. What can I give him to unconstipate him?
My newborn baby that 19, days old and she keeps crying i think she constipated, what can I give my new infant baby for the pain. Can suppositories use?
Constipation: Is hard and infrequent stools. You can give a glycerin suppository once and see igf that helps. Baby may be crying if mom is breastfeeding and drinking milk, eating dairy. If using milk based formula then can also cause tummy ache. Baby could be colicky too.. Go see your doctor and discuss this. You will feel better and so will baby! ...Read more
Pear or Apple juice: For simple constipation, i usually start with pear juice (in the baby aisle), and mix it with the formula. So a 4 oz bottle of formula would hold 2 oz water, and 2 oz pear juice. The sugar brings water into the stool to soften it. Prune works too but only by itself. I do this mixture twice a day. If this doesn't work after 1-2 days, consult your pediatrician for more advanced measures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do if my baby is constipated?
- My 5 month old baby is constipated what can i give him to relive the problem
- What can i do if my baby is biting me while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I think my hand rash is due to a fungal infection what can i do
- My skin is so rough and black in colour what can i do to glow my skin
- What do i do if my baby is having breathing retractions?
- My acne is gone now im left with brown marks what can i do to get rid of them
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online