Doctor insights on:
My Ankles Are Thick And Ugly Why Is That
I have really thick ankles not from being over weight. I have an athletic body and I am trying to find a way to make them smaller. Anything for me?
Cankles: Not sure there are any easy ways around this. You just want to ensure from your primary care physician that you are not experiencing any fluid overload in your system that can manifest as "pitting edema" in your ankle region. Consult your athletic trainer for specific exercises to develop proprioceptive skills, and balance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My ER papers say to ice my 8yr olds fractured ankle. The splint and wrap put on in ER are very thick and hard, so do I remove it to put ice on it ?
No: The splint is necessary to immobilize and support the fracture. The splint should only be removed by the either the er physician or the physician you were referred to. However, directly icing the fracture is difficult. I would suggest placing an ice pack over the front of the ankle but also behind the knee. Follow your doctor's suggestions on duration and frequency for the ice pack. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What could having a thick red rash from the neck down with swollen ankles and foot discs be a symptom of?
See below: These symptoms can only be adequately addressed by your doctor in real-time (face-to-face). Only after a thorogh evaluation, possibly including labs and other studies, can he/she determine what's wrong and what to do about it. ...Read more
Hav Vrc veins. foot has dark paches & dry, echy, scaly, thick paches from ankles & started spreding to knees. Doc pres clop & zimig cream. Wil it help?
See vein specialist: Varicose veins can cause a condition called lipodermatosclerosis with symptoms including: Pain, skin hardening, thickening, increased pigmentation & redness. Acutely it can present with painful inflammation in the inner leg above the ankle, resembling cellulitis with affected area is red, tender, warm, and may be Scaly. Chronic lipodermatosclerosis predisposes to venous or stasis eczema. ...Read more
Can achilles feel tight and thicker even 8 months after ankle sprain? Sprained ankle achilles feels much thicker and knotted than noninjured
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my period dark brown and thick?
- My leg skin is kind of shiny and cracked never had that before why
- Why is my period blood so dark and thick?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my ankle red and hot and sore to touch after an ankle sprain?
- My eyes are blood shot and hurt when i blink considering visine is that good
- My esr and crp levels are high is it due to the fibromyalgia that i have
- Why is it that when i put pressure over my eyes i see colored stars and sparkles?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free