Doctor insights on:
My Achilles Tendon Burns
I have a bone spur under my achilles' tendon and have developed synovitis around up my achilles' tendon. Burns and hurts. Can you help?
Ouch: First line of treatment is eccentric stretching of the achilles, anti-inflammatories, and modification of the heal counter of the shoe. If conservative treatment fails, then surgery is an option to remove the spur. ...Read more
Swimming: Most exercises require you to push off with your feet. Its hard to keep your ankle at 90 degrees to reduce pressure. Elliptical would work if you stay conscious not to use it and use your quads. Always stretch before and after exercise. Also weight training with less rest and low weights helps get the hr up and adding more muscle which burns more fat. ...Read more
Pain: A full achille's tendon tear causes severe pain in the back of your leg, difficulty walking on the affected leg and possibly a "snapping" sound at the time of injury. A partial tear will cause pain and weakness in the affected leg. You need to see a doctor for further evaluation and treatment if you have these symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is this dry skin on my achilles tendon and heel?
- My left achilles tendon hurts right after i wake up
- My achilles tendon always hurts does it have to do with the type of shoes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell if i have an achilles tendon injury after my motorcycle accident?
- Why do the achilles tendon in my feet hurt?
- Lump on my achilles tendon
- What can i do to relieve the pain at my achilles tendon?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free