Doctor insights on:
My Achilles Tendon Always Hurts Does It Have To Do With The Type Of Shoes
It can: Shoes of varying types can cause pain to the achilles attachment (tendon) or associated bursa. Several mechanisms can produce this from lack of arch support if you pronate to repetitive direct heel contact with the back part of the shoe. See a local foot specialist and they should be able to help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can be: Too much usage could cause tendinitis which obviously would hurt your achilles tendon. ...Read more
I've had Achilles tendon pain for 10 weeks after running for 2 days in new running shoes. What are the best supplements to take to heal the tendon?
Regular shoes : After you fully recover from surgery, shoe gear modification is not really necessary. If there is not scarring on the back of the heel, then any shoe would be fine. However, you will need time to fully recover. Remember elite athletes who suffer from this injury often need a long time to recover. Please be patient and take care of yourself and listen to your doctors advice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do the achilles tendon in my feet hurt?
- Why does my achilles tendon hurt when i walk?
- Why does my achilles tendon continue to hurt after jumping?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my achilles tendon area itch?
- Why does my head always hurt?
- Why does my foot always hurt at night?
- Why does my calf muscle always hurt?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free