Doctor insights on:
Muscles That Move The Pectoral Girdle
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Can a pulled pectoral muscle cause shoulder/neck/jaw pain also hve bad tennis elbow pain on same side breast towards middle also sore on move repi wor?
When I move my left shoulder, my left pectoral muscle hurts. Is it probably okay for me wait and see what happens?
Yes, probably OK: Pain in your pectoralis muscle with shoulder motion is most likely from a strain from recent overuse of that muscle ( lifting, bench press, chest flies, etc.). Mild strains should resolve spontaneously with time for rest and muscle recuperation. The pain should generally reduce gradually but steadily in a couple days. Once full painfree motion returns, it is safe to resume normal activities. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can a pulled pectoral muscle cause pain in shoulder/neck/jaw with pain when i move on right breast? I hve tennis elbow bad as well on same side ofpain
Pectoral Spasm: This can present as pain in the shoulder neck and jaw. However, the heart should also be considered esp is there is history of heart problems. For tennis elbow, i would recommend banding and physical therapy first. Injections can be considered subsequently. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Unrelated: Pectoral muscles are always present, any increase during puberty is related to hormonal influence of increased testosterone production. But if no evidence of pectoral muscle raises the concern of poland syndrome a congenital absence of the pectorals muscle. Seek an evaluation. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Group of muscles that move limbs toward the body
- Muscles that move the humerus
- I have a few lumps on the back of my head that dont hurt or move is this normal
- Involuntary muscle contraction that move the food through the digestive system
- What are the major bones that move while running?
- The best pilates exercises for pectoral muscles
- Identify the muscles used to move the upper limb when you do jumping jacks
- Mouth positions that exercise tone muscles that support the soft palate
- What are the functions of the muscles that move the ears?