Doctor insights on:
Muscles Of Dee Kay
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Protein: Your muscles require protein to heal itself after intense exercise. In general, your body requires 1-2 grams of protein per kilogram gram weight. For muscle growth, you would need more. For maintenance, you would need less. You can get enough protein from your diet (lean meats, nuts, etc) or, if necessary, supplement with protein shakes. And don't forgot to hydrate with lots of water. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
After doing cardio, scale sometimes goes up a pound. Do muscles swell? Initial gain is discouraging, but usually see a loss few days later.
Fluid?: Do you drink (water or other replacement) when you exercise (as you should!). Don't weigh yourself during the day: there are too many variables. Always weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after emptying the bladder fully, no clothes, same scale, same place, same time. There will still be variability depending on diet& bowel movement factors - so once a week is as often as you should check. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I work out and then my muscles get soar, is it good to work out again on it even though i'm soar?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of purple spots on tongue muscles
- Example of voluntary muscles
- Causes of burning sensation in calf muscles
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The muscles in the back of my leg have been sore lately what is the cause
- Is sore stomach muscles a sign of pregnancy?
- Causes of painful lump on my neck muscles
- Abnormal contraction of chest muscles
- Causes of pain under tongue muscles