Doctor insights on:
Mucocele Or Cancer
Swollen upper lip in the middle..Doctors thought it was a mucocele, but after surgery ruled that out. Ongoing swelling for 6 months ?
Hmmm: I do not see why a qualified oral surgeon would not be able to diagnose and treat the problem within this time frame. The facts given are sketchy and therefore difficult for us to comment on further. I would get a second opinion from a well respected oral surgeon in your area. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Mucocele, also known as a mucous cyst, is the development of a painless sac of mucous in the mouth, most commonly on the interior of the lower lip, which form following blockage of salivary ducts or from the rupture of a salivary gland. Mucoceles are rarely medically worrisome but can develop into a permanent fibrous ...Read more
Left posterior ethmoid mucocele w/no orbit or cranial extension but eye discomfort symptoms. Surgery necessary? Can/should it be delayed?
Refer : Refer to an oral surgeon and ent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My wife has mucocele that does not seem to heal for months now. It is painless but just looks odd. What are the options?
Surgery: A persistent mucocele should be marsupialized or excised. There is also the option of careful observation, with the hope that it will spontaneously decompress and form scar tissue that can prevent recurrence. This is less likely since the mucocele has persisted for months. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I believe you can: But do it with ease and comfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Depends on if you stay in network, if you've satisfied your deductible and what your plan breakdown is. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a transvaginal or pelvic ultrasound pick up cervical cancer?
- Is persistent vaginal or rectal bleeding a sign of cancer?
- Is a lump in rectal cancer hard or soft?
- Are testicular cancer lumps hard or soft?
- What fluid in lungs or stomach means with ovarian cancer?
- Ingrown hair or skin cancer
- How can a ct scan tell if you have a kidney stone or cancer or something else?
- Is a cancer tumor hard or soft?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free