Doctor insights on:
Good news: These tumors are most common in the ovary, where they can be huge (i've handled a few the size of basketballs or larger) but very benign. The first successful open-abdomen surgery with cure and survival was performed on the american frontier for removal of one of these by a brave surgeon. ...Read more
Cyst: A mucinous cystadenoma is a cyst of the ovary which is lined by cells which produce mucin, a gelatinous-type material. It is benign 80% of the time but can be borderline cancerous or malignant. Such cysts often become very large and can cause complications like torsion (twisting) of the ovary or rupture. Surgical removal is generally required. ...Read more
I have a large complex mucinous cystadenoma on my left ovary 20x10cm suspected malignancy, Can anyone Recommend how long I will wait for surgery?
My mother is 70 year old in CT scan mucinous cystadenoma of Rt overy found in size 24/18/12 please confirm is it cancer if not shall we go for surgery is?
No, because...: In life, no two of anything all look exactly alike. It's just the way nature is. But, they can sure look very similar to one another, like a left hand and a right hand. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Mucinous cystadenoma pancreas
- Ovarian mucinous cystadenoma
- Ovarian mucinous cystadenoma pathophysiology
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Borderline mucinous cystadenoma
- Mucinous cystadenoma symptoms
- Causes of mucinous cystadenoma
- Ovarian mucinous cystadenoma treatment
- Pancreatic mucinous cystadenoma