Doctor insights on:
Msg Allergic Reaction
Did I have an allergic reaction to msg? I take mirapex .5mg for rls. While eating a chinese meal i became violently ill within a minute - lost all color, sweat profusely, skin cold and clammy, was incoherent, extreme nausea and profound sick feeling, no
Sounds like MSG: Reaction, also called chinese restaurant syndrome. Results from severe vasodilation of blood vessels as an idiosyncratic/exaggerated response to msg (everybody gets at least a little of that if the dose is high enough, some are very sensitive to even small amounts). I don't think the RLS or the Mirapex (pramipexole) are related, but you could share the story with your doc. Some asian places don't use msg. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
I see msg on the labels on canned soup? Is msg bad for everybody or only if you are allergic to it?
MSG: Only some individuals appear to be sensitive to msg. In some it will trigger a migraine, a rash, a panic attack or quak's syndrome. Most folks are not sensitive to it and will not know it is in their food. It can also cause ectopic ventricular activity or paf in sensitive individuals. (personal experience). ...Read more
Every time i eat any kind of food that contain msg, there are cysts on my face area..Does it meant that i'm allergic to msg?
Flavor enhancer: As a flavor and in the right amount, msg can enhance other taste-active compounds, improving the overall taste of certain foods. Msg mixes well with meat, fish, poultry, many vegetables, sauces, soups and marinades, and increases the overall preference of certain foods like beef consommé. ...Read more
What is the uproar over MSG? Is it just because of the high amount of sodium, or is there something else that is poisonous about it?
Excitotoxin?: MSG can cause a variety of symptoms in sensitive people: headache, flushing, sweating, rapid heart-beat, tingling on face, and insomnia, etc There is some evidence (but it remains unproven) that MSG is an excitotoxin, which means that it overexcites your nerve cells and even can cause nerve damage. Many people who are doing all they can to stay healthy try to avoid MSG. Best wishes! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Msg allergic reaction symptoms
- Allergic reaction
- Is allergic reaction a symptom of allergic rhinitis?
- Allergic reaction to makeup treatment
- Allergic reaction to dust symptoms
- Allergic reaction to msm
- Epinephrine shot for allergic reaction
- Symptoms of being allergic to msg