Doctor insights on:
Weight loss fads: Many supplements including capsules, juices, teas, etc. are marketed as weight loss aids. The only tried and true safe way to lose weight is to reduce calorie intake and burn calories/improve metabolism by regular exercise (at least 20 mins of aerobic type at least 4 times per week). ...Read more
Can tea be unhealthy if taken in large quantities? If yes, how much tea before it becomes unhealthy?
It depends on the : Type of tea. Some people may be adversely effected by 5 cups of black tea. ...Read more
Yes: Sweet ice tea is loaded with sugar so yes it is bad for you. Regular iced tea is not as bad; if you do it without sugar its fine or small amounts. Furthermore all caffeine is dehydrating so if trying to lose weight, this should be decreased and substituted with plain water. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not well studied. : Preliminary results of 1 study suggest mangosteen may be beneficial for treatment of periodontist when applied in gel to gums. Mangosteen is being studied to determine effects of xanthones (potent antioxidants) ; effectiveness as a topical acne treatment. It has been used by native asian healers in treatment of tuberculosis, infections ; diarrhea (but hasn't been adequately studied). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does lipton tea help you lose weight?
- Green tea makes you poop
- Closemyer slimming green tea
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink tea in the morning before a fasting blood test?
- Is lemon tea safe during pregnancy?
- Lipton green tea side effects
- Stomach ache after drinking tea
- The health benefits of greek mountain tea