Doctor insights on:
Mother Aneurysm Will
Specialist referral: She needs to be seen by a specialist (typically a vascular surgeon) who can evaluate the anerysm and determine a need for treatment versus repeat imaging in the future. As importantly, you and any other family members need to be checked as there is a genetic component to aortic aneurysms (which means you or your siblings are also at risk). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not necessarily...: The cause of cerebral aneurysms is not clearly understood. Brain aneurysms are associated with several factors, including smoking, hypertension, and family history (genetics). There is a 2-7 fold increased risk of intracranial aneurysm in first-degree relatives. If concerned, see a neurologist. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysms.htm ...Read more
AAA: When aortic aneurysms affect a female in your family you have an increased likelihood for AAA. You can diminish your risk as opposed to increasing your risk by never smoking and controlling your blood pressure. You are too young for AAA screening by ultrasound. If other relatives have AAA get screened in the future as your physician recommends. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My mother has ascending aortic aneurysm size of aorta 3.7cm . She is traveling from india to usa next week. What are the risks? Should she not travel?
My mother has thoracic aorta aneurysm. She has not undergone stent grafting. Is it safe for her to fly internationally?
My mother was detected with ascending aortic aneurysm of 3.9 CM in april 2013. Will she be able to fly internationally?
Yes: As long as she has no significant aortic valvular heart disease, and no chest pains or other unexplained symptoms, she should be fine. I wouldn't worry about the aneurysm ( again as a sole problem) unless it were at least 4.5 cm. Make sure she gets follow up for it though. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My mother is experiencing disorientation & confusion after frontal craniotomy due to aneurysm. Is it normal?
My mother has a pea sized brain aneurysm is it possible that they may not be able to do anything about this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My mother has an aortic aneurysm what is the chance that i will also get this
- Will a brain aneurysm show up on a plain ct scan of the head
- Will diverticulitis aggravate an aortic aneurysm
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My mother was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy how will this affect her
- Will a descending thoracic aortic aneurysm get smaller or disappear
- My mother has aortic aneurysm what should i tell her
- If my mother had breast cancer will i get it
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free