Doctor insights on:
Most Powerful Over The Counter Pain Reliever
Depends: It depends on any other problems you may have, but in the absence of liver disease tylenol in recommended amounts and in the absence of kidney or stomach trouble, Ibuprofen or Naproxen are effective. Ibuprofen or Naproxen is proabably better than tylenol for pain, especially arthritic pain. Neither should be used in large amounts or for a prolonged period of time without consulting a physician. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
At Healthtap we try: To steer clear of recommending particular brands. A combination pain reliever with diuretic can be beneficial. Nsaid’s, ssri’s, hormone meds, warm bath, heating pad, exercise ; acupuncture are excellent for pms / period. Avoid caffeine, chocolate, alcohol ; salt. Get gyn eval to r/o underlying pathology. Consider omega- 3 fatty acids. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Ibuprofen: Ibuprofen 600-800mg taken every six hours works great. If allergic to aspirin, nsaids or are taking blood thinners ask your doctor first. Acetaminophen (paracetamol) 650mg every 6 hours will help, but will not control the inflammation that causes the pain. If needed, you can take both if you don't exceed 3200mg Ibuprofen or 3000mg Acetaminophen per day. Talk to your dentist for specific help. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Depends . . .: This must be addressed w/your family doc or pain management doc. Over-the-counter NSAIDs like Ibuprofen & Naproxen as dosed less than prescription versions. For instance, Ibuprofen is prescribed at 400mg, 600mg & 800mg. There are many prescription NSAIDs just like there are many cars. It's a matter of finding best for you. Depending upon pain, consider epilepsy drugs, capsaicin or lidocaine. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Most powerful over-the-counter laxative
- Strongest pain reliever over-the-counter
- Best over-the-counter back pain reliever
- Most powerful over-the-counter sleep aid
- What is the best way to relieve tooth or gum pain using over-the-counter meds?
- What over-the-counter pain relief would you recommend for broken bones?
- Over the counter muscle relaxer for back pain
- Over the counter muscle relaxants for back pain
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free