Doctor insights on:
Most Powerful Over The Counter Pain Reliever
Depends: It depends on any other problems you may have, but in the absence of liver disease tylenol in recommended amounts and in the absence of kidney or stomach trouble, Ibuprofen or Naproxen are effective. Ibuprofen or Naproxen is proabably better than tylenol for pain, especially arthritic pain. Neither should be used in large amounts or for a prolonged period of time without consulting a physician. ...Read more
At Healthtap we try: To steer clear of recommending particular brands. A combination pain reliever with diuretic can be beneficial. Nsaid’s, ssri’s, hormone meds, warm bath, heating pad, exercise ; acupuncture are excellent for pms / period. Avoid caffeine, chocolate, alcohol ; salt. Get gyn eval to r/o underlying pathology. Consider omega- 3 fatty acids. ...Read more
Nothing: Over the counter medicine will not help the pain in your clothing. Get other clothing without pain. ...Read more
Ibuprofen: Ibuprofen 600-800mg taken every six hours works great. If allergic to aspirin, nsaids or are taking blood thinners ask your doctor first. Acetaminophen (paracetamol) 650mg every 6 hours will help, but will not control the inflammation that causes the pain. If needed, you can take both if you don't exceed 3200mg Ibuprofen or 3000mg Acetaminophen per day. Talk to your dentist for specific help. ...Read more
See 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Most powerful over-the-counter laxative
- Strongest pain reliever over-the-counter
- What is the strongest pain reliever over-the-counter?
- Best over-the-counter back pain reliever
- Most powerful over-the-counter sleep aid
- What is the best way to relieve tooth or gum pain using over-the-counter meds?
- What over-the-counter pain relief would you recommend for broken bones?
- Over the counter muscle relaxer for back pain
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free