Doctor insights on:
Most Common Symptoms Of Kidney Disease
Asymptomatic: It depends on the cause of the kidney disease.Some may present with swelling of the legs, face, others with blood tinged urine, however most often, early kidney disease are asymptomatic. Protein in the urine is one of the earliset signs of kidney disease followed by increase in serum creatinine on blood tests. If you suspect, please see your doctor to get the blood and urine tests. ...Read more
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Depends on the cause: There are dozens of causes of kidney disease; some are limited to the kidneys themselves, while others are associated with other systems in the body. Chronic kidney disease may have no symptoms and can only be determined by laboratory testing. Other types may range from minor symptoms to major illnesses, and need to be evaluated by a kidney specialist, often along with other health care providers. ...Read more
May not notice: Especially early on, you may not notice anything, and the cause will impact what you see or feel. Common symptoms once advanced can be fatigue, confusion, nausea, itching. Can also see blood in the urine or dark urine, or decreased amount of urine.With significant renal failure, most people feel awful overall! ...Read more
Depends: I suppose the answer to your question depends on the symptoms that you are having. Severe shortness of breath is one of the main reasons my patients go to the emergency room. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most common cause of chronic kidney disease?
- What is the most common type of kidney disease?
- What are the most common symptoms of parkinsons disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the most common symptoms of coronary artery disease?
- What are the most common symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease?
- What are the most common symptoms of chagas disease?
- What are the most common symptoms of motor neuron disease?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free