Doctor insights on:
Most Common Body Injuries
Variety: Sailing is both a relaxing & challenging method of activity. Most common injuries are related to sun burn & heat stroke in the summer; in cooler months, wind & cold injuries. With wet surfaces, injuries related to slips/trips/falls to ankles, knees, wrists and arms are a risk. A special risk is related to head trauma as the result of unanticipated boom movement. Rope burns from sheets can occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Similar to football: Like other high energy contact collision sports, hockey players sustain typical muscles strains (hamstring/quadriceps), ligament sprains (major knee ligaments), shoulder subluxation/dislocations, hip injuries, contusions from puck or collision contact, ocassional bone fractures, and lacerations of any exposed skin (facial area). ...Read more
Back/knees/shoulder: In judo, back pain is caused as a result of repeated falling, lifting, stretching and twisting. Slipped, or prolapsed, discs occur when one vertebrae slips on to the vertebra beneath.Spinal injuries are relatively rare.Cuts and bruises are part and parcel of judo as it is a contact sport. Bruising usually results from bleeding under the skin. Knee injuries are the most common injury in judo. ...Read more
See: http://www.caraccidentinfo.org/car-accident-basics/common-injuriesGet a more detailed answer ›
Back injuries: are not uncommon.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Where on the body are pressure sores most common
- Most common sports injuries in high school
- Most common musculoskeletal injuries
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the most common injury done to a person by lyme disease
- What is the most common type of bone injury to the elbow?
- What is the most common type of bone injury?
- Most common injury in sports
- What is the most common injuries that lyme disease have ever done to victims?