Doctor insights on:
Mold exposure?: See a doctor right away and separate yourself from the source. There are varying degrees of medical illness depending on the type of mold. Some are quite serious intoxications / infections. ...Read more
What can you tell me step by step how to eradicate mold toxins, ingestion of spores mold exposure etc. Vitamins, herbs oils and binders please help?
They only give us 400 characters here, not nearly enough space to answer this complex question. Eradicating mold often requires professional help; mold grows in moist places and often the source (like a leaky roof) must be fixed. There are many strategies to eliminate mold toxins. See http://tinyurl. Com/nbspamv
for a good overview, but I advise finding an integrative doc with expertise in this field. ...Read more
Usually nothing: Ingesting a small amount of mold by an otherwise healthy person is not likely to have any ill-effects. ...Read more
1yr+ shadows on wall behind dryer are actually black mold; intake ambient air = sporesin clothes. Allergy. Symptoms 3+mo. Cleaned safely. What are my risks?
Low risk: Black mold is problematic for people with definitive allergies to the mold but, if you're not allergic to the mold just being in the same room with the mold without disturbing the mold should not pose a health risk. There's a lot of hysteria about "black mold" perpetuated by companies that charge exorbitant prices to eradicate it...it's not a big health risk. ...Read more
Severity: Acute alcohol ingestion literally means that you have just drunk alcohol. Alcohol intoxication means that you have drunk enough alcohol that you are "drunk" or impaired (often, but not always, associated with a "high" feeling due to activation of the Dopamine reward system). Alcohol overdose or alcohol poisoning refers to drinking so much that your brain can't manage things like breathing. ...Read more
Not bad: Aside from the yucky taste, there is no harm as your digestive track will get rid of the mold. Donate the rest of that loaf to the ducks at your local pond. ...Read more
Take antioxidants: Between 12:00:00 am and 11:59:00 pm.Get a more detailed answer ›
Was this ER Orphenad: If this was immediate release, it is safe. As with most extended release medications, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Doing so can increase the amont of active ingredient "dumped" into the body and cause unwanted side effects. Always read your label or ask your pharmacist to see if this would be safe with your dosage form being taken. ...Read more
I usualy eat some mixture of fruits all together. I heard that you should not do this but separate in time the ingestion.?
Either way is fine!: People can enjoy fruit salad, fruit smoothies, or individual fruits, all without any digestive problems. All the fruits are mixed up in the stomach anyway. If a person is overweight or has a strong family history of diabetes, he should realize that fruits have a lot of sugar. ...Read more
How long after possible ingestion of a sharp object that caused internal bleeding would you see symptoms? What would they be?
Consult a doctor: If you have swallowed a sharp object it could cause bleeding anywhere along your GI tract, from mouth to anus. This is a potentially serious event that should be evaluated and monitored properly. I would either consult your personal physician immediately or present yourself to an emergency room or both. Please seek proper medical attention. This is not the place. ...Read more
So if a baby ingested a small button battery and it stuck wouldn't it produce severe signs/sx if it were damaging tissues by a week post ingestion?
Yes, but: Small button batteries can be extremely toxic. They may not produce significant symptoms until it is "too late". I would recommend that your baby be evaluated by a pediatrician and consideration be given to an x-ray to make sure that the button battery is not stuck somewhere. ...Read more
Ingestion: Is the consumption of a substance by mouth. ...Read more
Lead ingestion&poiso: Lead ingestion may have no symptoms, anemia is the first to appear anf if the level goes above 60ug/dl, and causes encephalopathy and seizures, abdominal pain.But if not treated there can be long term sequele affecting mental development and learning disorders. In adults it can be delirium, cognitive deficit, tremors, hallucination&convulsions. Abdominal pain, memory loss, kidney failure, weakness&depression. ...Read more
All depends: What larvae? It is very important that if you ingested any larvae to see a gastroenterologist and get a stool sample. The kind of larvae is more important than knowing when they become live worms. Do not delay. ...Read more
Yes: Oral ingestion is taking something in by mouth, eating. Insufflation is the process of blowing something in. Some medications are blown into the lungs, insufflation. Blowing insulation into walls would be an other example. ...Read more
Neutralized?: NO. Absorbed-YES.Get a more detailed answer ›
Several options: There are both blood tests and skin tests that can be done to see if possible allergies to specific foods/exposures. Would work in concert with your doc or allergist, as these tests can be a little misleading at times - just because something comes back "positive" does not always mean a true clinical allergy exists. Ingestion trials should only be done in a qualified allergist office- just in case! ...Read more
How simple is it for doctors to suspect antifreeze ingestion based on medical test, would they suspect many other medical problems first?
Spicy helped?: Alcohol can damage the stomach lining, like food acid, stomach acid, or bacteria. Beer has lots of carbs which may buffer a spicy meal, or a small amount of wine. Antacids, acid blocking medications are available over the counter, stronger by prescription for daily heartburn that persists. ...Read more
Shampoo: Nothing more than a stomach acheGet a more detailed answer ›