Doctor insights on:
What would be treatment option for a 17 year old girl doing modern dance and diagnosed with Iliopsoas Bursitis?How soon can she return to modern dance
Maybe awhile!: Iliopsoas bursitis is not a very common type of bursitis. It could be related to the dance training. It would be helpful to see a physician that treats a lot of dancers. Check the website www.artsmed.org to find a physician with dance experience. How symptoms started is important. Treatment can be rest, anti-inflammatory meds, therapy, possible stretching exercises, Hip X-rays. Get it checked out. ...Read more
I have hernia on l3-l4 and mild scoliosis, had physical teraphy and medical support.I am interested in modern/pole dance.Can I do or is it not adviced?
Can be: Especially on the more extreme levels. I just tell patients, that anything that gets you moving and your heart rate up is great. And it's even better if you love to do it, as that will help you do it consistently. That's one of the keys of exercise, you have to do it consistently! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Movin'Shakin'Groovin: All dance forms: whatever gets you up and moving is healthy and capital "f" fun! from gracious hula to zumba. Enjoy! ...Read more
I was doing an hour of dance cardio and I weighed myself after and I gained a pound. Why did I gain instead of lose?
This isn't really: the kind of question that Healthtap is designed for. Please feel free to ask medical questions. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can someone with newly broken rib dance?
- Is there anyway to brace a broken ankle so i can still dance?
- Ballet or dance after a hip replacement
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Dance therapy
- How long will i have to wait untill i can dance again after foot fracture?
- Can i dance professionsally again after a hip arthroscopy of a hip labral tear?
- Could i still dance after having a screw put in my foot
- Do bow stretch modern dance?