Doctor insights on:
Mixing Cough Syrup And Alcohol
Depends the amount: Usually one drink takes 1-2 hour to disappear. Therefore it should be ok after 4 hours with 2 drinks. However, there all kinds of cough syrups. Some have tylenol (acetaminophen) and both tylenol (acetaminophen) and alcohol may cause bad liver trouble. Obviously, it also depends the amount of cough syrup and the presence of any (undetected) liver disease. ...Read more
Overdose on cough syrup or just alcohol poisoning? I keep hearing about kids overdosing on cough medicine...I thought it was all alcohol. How does this happen? Is it really alcohol poisoning or something else?
Doesnt sound good: doesnt sound like a good combination of medications. take medications only as prescribed. ...Read more
What are the side effects of mixing cough medicine and alcohol? especially if you use cough medicine to get high then drink to get drunk?
Misuse: Wow - this is a loaded one. Firstly - do not mess around with medication or chemicals to get a high - this is sick. Secondly - drinking to get drunk is a disease of addiction. Both practices are bad and means that treatment is needed. Never mix cough medicine with alcohol and never take one to get high and the other to get drunk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cough syrup containing alcohol
- Cough syrup and alcohol
- Cough syrup and alcohol effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Codeine cough syrup and alcohol
- Does the alcohol in cough syrup make you sleepy?
- Mixing watermelon and alcohol dangerous
- Mixing antibiotics and alcohol
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free