Doctor insights on:
Yes: Arthritis is pain and inflammation of a joint, so any body part that has joints can have arthritis. I've seen arthritis in all toes, but especially where the great toe meets the rest of the foot. It can be caused by poor foot mechanics, trauma, or diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. A podiatrist should be able to diagnose the case and offer treatment options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Locking toes?: If you are referring to toes that lock and curl, they are referred to as hammertoes or clawtoes. This is an abnormal compensation for pronation of the foot against the ground, which causes the toes to "grab" the ground. This is a progressive slow orthopedic problem that can cause callouses and ulcers to the top of the toes over time. Seek a local podiatrist for an x-ray evaluation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Tight shoes or nerve: A toe going numb can be due to a tight pair of shoes or swelling into the shoes. Alternative answer may be a neuroma to the foot that would cause numbness into several toes. If the entire foot is numb, it may be due to neuropathy. See your podiatrist for proper treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Misshapen ear lobes
- Misshapen uterus and pregnancy
- Normal 10 mo misshapen head
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is misshapen head a symptom of fused skull bones?
- Is misshapen head a symptom of normal 08 mo?
- Is misshapen head a symptom of normal 08 wk?
- Is misshapen head a symptom of normal 09 mo?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free