Doctor insights on:
Minimize Use Of Nail Polish And Removers
Nail polish: Numerous chemicals are in nail polish and the chemicals vary with the different products e.g. Nirocellulose, ethyl acetate, resins, plasticizers, solvent, coloring agents, adhesive poymers, formaldehydes, camphor, pigments, thickening agents, toluene, sylene and the list goes on and on. Anyone using nail polish should use products from companies that formulate responsibly and have a good reputation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If nail polish is hazardous as most doctors claim, how often should I apply it without taking the risk?
0....: Your nails are beautiful......in the natural form. ...Read more
Why do my nails hurt (feel like they got hit with a hammer!) after i take off nail polish after having worn it a few days? Takes a few hrs to kick in.
Irritant?: If your nails only hurt after you removed the polish, i would suspect that remover is irritating them. ...Read more
No: White nail polish is not formulated for oral use. It will not adhere in a moist environment, it is toxic, and it can damage your oral soft tissue . Do not use in oral environment. Your local dentist will know best what is clinically right for your teeth. Many dentists have a 'no charge' consult. Take care... ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: There are potentially toxic materials in SOME nail polishes, toluene, formaldehyde and DBP. The industry has been moving away from these chemicals and coming up with non toxic formulations. Nail polish manufactured in the United States does not have lead. There has been lead found in polish from Taiwan. ...Read more
Swallowing dried: nail polish is not good. If you do a tiny bit by accident no worries. If you have a habit of doing that you can poison yourself. That habit may be some OCD that you need treatment for. Start w/a visit to your doctor. Peace and good health. ...Read more
Possibly Pica: I am not sure from your question, but when you use the word "crave" to indicate that you ingest these items, then pica is a definite possibility. However, if you are saying that you "crave" these odors, then you are not referring to pica. Problems with pica requires the actual ingestion of items that would be considered inedible. If you are doing this, then it would be important to get evaluated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer