Doctor insights on:
Minimally Invasive Open Heart Surgery
Open intervention on the heart to correct congenital cardiac anomalies, repair replace heart valves, ascending aortic dissection repair, coronary bypass, heart transplant, surgical removal of heart tumors, ventricular assist devices, cox maze procedures to cure atrial fibrillation, repair of trauma to the heart. Repair of iatrogenic injuries to heart, heart-lung ...Read more
What to do if i'm worried about an open heart surgery. Are there non invasive ways of performing such operations?
Depends: Some problems can be addressed in some patients without surgery. Sometimes one approach is likely to be safer or have better results. Talk to your doctor. ...Read more
Age and severity: Coronary artery disease is now often treated with stents placed during a cardiac cath, instead of open heart surgery. What is unclear is whether stents last as long as bypass, or if they are as good for multiple vessle disease. Younger patients, mand patients with more severe multiple vessel disease may do better with an open heart bypass. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When i was 4 years old i underwent an open heart surgery to close an opening in the heart and the surgery was successful but few months ago...
Please cont your ?: That was 28 years ago. Now what? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some of the benefits of minimally invasive heart surgery?
- Minimally invasive cervical surgery
- Minimal invasive bunion surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Minimally invasive surgery for hysterectomy
- Minimally invasive hip surgery
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- What aftercare is prescribed after minimally invasive heart surgery?
- Talk to a cardiologist online