Doctor insights on:
Milk Or Food Is Best Before Bed
Waking every 3 hours needing to eat (milk or yogurt). Am i not eating enough during the day? What can I eat before bed that will last longer?
My 2yr old still has a bottle of milk to comfort her before bed. Shes tried to go without but it makes bedtime very difficult. Is 2 too old for bottle?
Yes,if sugar in it: The bottle itself is not as bad as what you put in it.Bottling leaves the feed in front of the mouth covering the teeth where the bacteria form an acid as they digest the sugar in the feed. This erodes the enamel and will destroy the teeth. If you put water in the bottle, the kid can have her comfort device without the decay. Over time she will toss it as boring.Offering a teddy bear might help. ...Read more
Comfort food?: There are chemicals in your brain which respond to food, smell, habit and touch. Rituals can calm you and prepare you for sleep. Milk enhances sleep through the tryptophan pathways, and can be helpful for many people. If you take your Ibuprofen at night, milk is helpful to protect your stomach from irritation. Best wishes for good sleep. ...Read more
Not necessarily: I am not aware of any scientific reasons behind drinking milk before going to bed. In general drinking any liquids before going to bed may make you have to get up in the middle of the night to urinate which would disrupt your sleep. So i usually don't recommend drinking any liquids up to two hours before going to bed so you get enough sleep and don't have any disruption. ...Read more
1yr old has thrown up 1 time before bed for past 2 nights.I do put her down w/ a bottle and she has started milk &stage 3 formula. Too full? Or sick?
Vomiting: I am unsure of the cause of the vomiting but babies should not be put to bed with a bottle. This often leads to bottle caries which causes bad decay to her teeth. She may have gastroesophagel reflux which may be worse when lying down. Give the bottle before bed and clean off her teeth. Follow up with her doctor. All the best. Look at healthykids.org. ...Read more
I m having a gastic issue.Does drinking a glass of hot milk at night before bed is okie as i don't drink milk in morning.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i feed my baby bottle milk or give him food before he sleep
- Is scoliosis caused by not drinking enough milk or eating too much junk food?
- Is walgreens or whole foods the best brand of vitamin e supplement?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it better to take baby asprin in the morning or before bed?
- Is it best to take protein shakes before or after a workout?
- Is it better to workout in the morning or before bed?
- Benefits of drinking milk before bed
- Is it best to eat before or after using the treadmill?