Doctor insights on:
Mild Pectus Excavatum Deformity
If the deformity only affects a few of the ribs on left side , sternum fine would this still be classified as pectus excavatum?
Same basic process: Accelerated longitudinal growth of the parasternal cartillages may push the sternum out or in during the period in which the sternum still growing and maturing. Out- carinatum or pigeon, in- excavatum or caved in, sunken. ...Read more
Does mild pectus excavatum usually start in the middle of the sternum, or could it be something else? My sternum is lightly indented midsternum..?
No: Usually not a painful condition.Get a more detailed answer ›
Ribs always flared but I thought it was cuz I was skinny. Gained weight- they still protrude! Is it mild pectus excavatum? Parents never said anything
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is pectus excavatum can it get worse over time?
- Pectus excavatum repair
- What exercises help with pectus excavatum to make one look more regular?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get six pack abs with pectus excavatum?
- Pectus excavatum non surgical treatment
- Is pectus excavatum going to affect my heart over time?
- Is pectus excavatum fatal?
- Talk to a thoracic surgeon online for free