Doctor insights on:
Can azithromycin and metronidazole be taken together , alongside the omeprazole during , same day , or is there any interaction amongs any of them, thanks?
I was prescribed 500mg metronidazole twice a day for 7 days..I only took 4. So many does it really take the whole 14 pills to clear up?
When taking metronidazole it says take twice a day. I forgot to take my 1 tablet this morning so is it okay to take 2 at same time?
Metronidazole: Check out http://www.drugs.com/metronidazole.html where it states "Do not drink alcohol while you are taking metronidazole and for at least 3 days after you stop taking it." In general, it takes about 5 half-lives to get something out of your system, but this is just a starting point for estimation and varies depending upon metabolism, kidney & liver function, etc. Same reference say 8hr half-life ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: The half life is used to help determine how long for peak plasma concentration and the rule of 4 half lives would be 32 hours. Elimination should be within a week but is affected by hydration, other medications, kidney/liver function, etc. so depends. Metronidazole is eliminated through the urine and stool so impossible to say for sure but 1 week is a good guideline for complete elimination. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Metronidazole food interactions
- Metronidazole alcohol interaction
- Metronidazole and doxycycline interaction
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the interaction of alcohol and fluconazole?
- I get a white discharge when taking metronidazole
- Doxycycline and metronidazole together
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free