Doctor insights on:
Does it matter which flu vaccine a child with ADHD (takes methylin ER daily) receives? Shot or mist?
It does not matter: Both work very well. There is limited data to suggest that FluMist might work a little better. Another upside is no injection, but if you want to have FluMist administered and covered by insurance, certain plans do not cover it. Check first. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Likely so: In general, I would not recommend drinking alcohol with any medication but in the case of Ritalin er (I am assuming concerta given the dose) there is not an absolute contraindication with alcohol and the medication will likely weaning in your system after 10-12 hours as it is. In all cases, proceed with caution and monitor how you experience alcohol if on any new medication. And responsibly. ...Read more
Ritalin LA makes me depressed. Ritalin IR makes my anxiety worse. Adderall ER and Vyvanse make me depressed. Can't take Strattera. Wht cn i tk 4 Adhd?
Diagnostic re-eval- : uation is needed. Criteria for ADHD = significant symptoms of Inattention &/or hyperactivity/impulsivity for 6 mos. or > that cause harmful dysfunction at home & school before age 10. Psychiatrists assess for ADHD & comorbid mood & anxiety disorders & manage medications. Neuropsychologists test for comorbid processing & learning disorders. Psychologists do testing & provide therapy. See CHADD.org ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Methylin was prescribed today, and I felt like I normally do. How long before I start to feel a difference?
Just a Brand name: Methylin & Ritalin are brand names for methylphenidate. Each company picks names apt to appeal to patients and doctors and easy to remember. Different brands may have different release patterns, but it is the same medicattion. Other brand names for mph are concerta, metadate, & focalin. There's also Daytrana patch. Newest is quillivant xr, a liquid long-acting form of mph. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Metoprolol succinate er vs metoprolol tartrate
- When should you go to the er with a toothache
- Is there any difference between glumetza er and generic metformin er?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When should i be concerned enough about my hives to go to the er
- Can i go to the er to have a mucocele removed from my lower lip?
- Should i go to the er i think my foreskin got stuck behind the head
- Should i go to the er for strep throat
- Talk to a neurologist online