Doctor insights on:
Methergine Side Effects
I had an medical abortion in sept. Still bleeding in dec. Dr. Prescribed methergine. I'm bleeding brown blood. When will this stop. Do i need the e.R?
Hi! I had an surgical abortion a week ago and i want to know what will happen if i dont take the Methergine that was proscribed. ?
Methergine: it is used to cause uterine contraction and decrease bleeding . If you are bleeding and do not take it you may bleed more if > 4 pads a day call you doctor. if you are not bleeding anymore or just spotting it may not be that noticeable. Again if >. 4 pads/ day call the doctor . f/u with doctor/ urgent care ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
NO: If it is that heavy call your gyn, it depends if anything is abnormal or not , meds you can use are continuous birth control pills , PO or im provera, but if you're on your period or just beginning it and you are not preg(meaning an abnormal period) a great script med I use in my pts is Lysteda 2 pills 3 times a day , for usually 2-5 days will stop or slow it way down so call your gyn, go buckeye. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Any side effects of arimidex
- Nature's bounty hair and nails side effects
- Steroid shot for sinus infection side effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of drinking too much lemon with water
- What are the negative side effects of swallowing semen?
- Montelukast sodium and levocetirizine dihydrochloride side effects
- Garcinia cambogia extract side effects
- Talk to a perinatologist online for free