Doctor insights on:
Nothing good: Methanol is metabolized in the body to an optic nerve destroying chemical. So blindness is a definite possibility. This is a dangerous way to try to substitute for alcohol and is something to be avoided at all costs. Pay the cost if you must drink, for ethanol intoxicants like ordinary beer and liquor. ...Read more
Methanol: Will make you very acidotic and go blind. ...Read more
Too much? Sadly, yes: Exposure is not a very specific term, but yes, while memory would not be the major or most severe symptom - it could be affected. Visual damage and movement disorders are the more common signs. External exposure and internal can have the same effects and they're bad. Link: http://www.oehha.ca.gov/public_info/pdf/TSD%20Methanol%20Meth%20Labs%2010%278%2703.pdf Seek help immediately! 800-222-1222 ...Read more
I spilled methanol on my hands last night. I washed it off within 5 to 10 minutes. How long for symptoms to appear if i ingested some?
Can ingesting 50ml of pure methanol cause heart problems after a week or so? What are your expert opinions?
No: Once methanol binds to the tissue receptors ethanol will not displace it. ...Read more
I think I drank methanol 5 days ago because I started to feel sick like a day later dizzy,shocks up my spine, hot and cold but now just dizzy?
I have a whooping cough that is really bad, when i cough, my abs hurt.Currently im taking cough lozenges, one with methanol and other ricola.Which one?
Whooping cough: Ricola contains menthol and other soothing ingredients. You could probably steam yourself from steam from a hot shower several times a day for better results. ...Read more