Doctor insights on:
Metformin Warnings And Recalls
Can i take metformin 500 mg one and half tablet twice a day instead of taking it three times a day?
Diabetes: This is a mainstay drug for the treatment of diabetes type ii. It is inexpensive, effective but like all prescription medications should be taken with careful monitoring by your physician. If you have diabetes you have probably been prescribed this and need careful and daily care to prevent the severe complications of this disease. ...Read more
Currently I am taking 500gm metformin twice daily if i start gym (physical exercise) is there a possibility of stopping taking the tablet?
Possibly: If you lose weight and get in shape with the exercise, it is possible depending on the severity of your diabetes (if mild for example) for you to eventually get off metformin, but consult with your doctor to get a better idea of what is possible for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Mirena warnings and recalls
- Metamucil warnings and recalls
- Implanon warnings and recalls
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cefdinir warnings and recalls
- Herbalife warnings and recalls
- Delsym warnings and recalls
- Biotene warnings and recalls
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free