Doctor insights on:
Metastasized Breast Cancer
The breast is both a male and female organ. However its main function is in the delivery of milk to the newborn. Breast cancer occurs 95% of the time in women and 5% of the time in men. It is treated the same regardless of which sex it appears in. It comes in two forms invasive and non-invasive; distinction is important as ...Read more
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
If breast cancer metastasizes, does it commonly do so to more than one location? Could it just spread to an ovary?
Can you let me know how many months after treatment would breast cancer metastasize to other parts of the body?
Can non aggressive breast cancer metastasize to bone? I have er/pr+, her2- breast cancer w tumors in spine and rib. Dr unsure both are related.
Yes, unfortunately: Unfortunately, er/pr positive, her2 negative breast cancer metastasizes to bone quite commonly. On the good side, it usually responds to treatment with hormonal therapy, radiation, and bone strengthening medications very well and patients can live for years. If this is the first possible sign of metastatic disease it is often reasonable to get a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What is the life expectancy of a 54yr woman with Stage 4 Breast cancer, metastasized to bones, brain and spinal fluid? BRCA2 positive
Highly variable: Depends on the cell type, hormone receptor status. Cancer stage at diagnosis, prior treatments and chemotherapy, where the metastases are located, how well the tumor responds to treatments, etc. Every person & situation is different & the oncologist would have much more information for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for breast cancer to metastasize?
- Breast cancer
- Can breast cancer look like a pimple?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can men get breast cancer if their nipples are pinched?
- Can a woman get breast cancer if you squeeze her breasts really hard?
- Ultrasound pictures of breast cancer
- The side of my nipple is slightly dimpling was that mean i have a breast cancer
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free