Doctor insights on:
Mesalazine Responsible Causing Syndrome
Maybe not: Mesalazine (mesalamine, 5-asa) is the active ingredient of sulfasalazine. Mesalazine is for treating inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease) and does not contain sulfa (avoids the problems of sulfa allergy or sulfonamide side effects). There was a report of raynaud's occurring with sulfasalazine, but I have not seen raynaud's reported with mesalazine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on type: Life long medication depends on type of colitis, common non specific colitis or due to infections needs medication till it clears , how ever if it is ulcerative colitis will need , even in ulcerative colitis , the luck ones with prolonged remission will not need during that period. ...Read more
How shud u go about fasting if your on meds (pentasa mesalazine, sertraline and risperidone), can I still take all of these while not eating for 7 days?
Is it okay to take over-the-counter anxiety medication (valerian root extract and hops extract) with azathioprine and mesalazine?
Is it safe to do a 3 day fast from food if im on medication (pentasa mesalazine 500mg (4 taken twice a day), risperidone 6mg, sertraline 200mg)?
Nooooooooo: Please don't do that, is not safe, check with your doctor but you can hurt yourself doing this without supervision. ...Read more
I had a pancolitis by using mesalazine (asa), a allergic reaction .Could it be that this is the cours of my colitis? I used many years ibroprofen?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can piriformis syndrome cause knee pain?
- Does zoloft cause restless leg syndrome?
- Can prozac cause restless leg syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to get irregular periods caused by irritable bowel syndrome?
- Do antidepressants cause restless leg syndrome?
- Can shoulder injury cause carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Can leaky gut syndrome cause hives?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online