Doctor insights on:
Mercury Poisoning Treatment
None, it is safe: and durable dental material. Most research finds no relationship between fillings and symptoms of mercury poisoning or other side effects. Eventually, any cavity if not treated, can lead to pain, infection, root canal and even tooth loss. See your dentist for evaluation, x-rays and treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It was popularized in alice in wonderland by the mad hatter. Mercury was used to help shape hats, i was told. It can be found in fish (tuna, halibut, king mackerel, tilefish, shark, swordfish & salmon), release from burning of fossil fuels especially coal, fluorescent light bulbs, some in dental fillings, old thermometers ...Read more
When I was a young child I put an old thermometer in the microwave and it exploded. Could I be at risk of mercury poisoning ten years later?
Maybe: It doesn't take much mercury to be toxic. If you ate any food that was prepared in the microwave, no telling how much methylmercury you've consumed. I recommend you see a physician member of the American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) or International College of Integrative Medicine (ICIM) for evaluation for treatment. I would use a combination of oral DMSA and IV or oral EDTA. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
NO!!!: For decades the top pure science medical and dental researchers have studied this issue and all have reached the same conclusion-silver mercury amalgam fillings are safe. Those who say otherwise have no real science to validate their findings. It is true mercury is a poison alone, but so is sodium or chloride, but mixed together they are salt. While no longer popular due to esthetic, it is safe! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Lighteners containing mercury are banned in the US, but some lighteners manufactured in Asia and other foreign countries do contain mercury. If the concentration is high enough and it is applied often, mercury poisoning is a real possibility. Avoid any topical product that contains mercury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mercury Poison: You would need to see a specialist who is knowledgeable about heavy metal chelation. This can be done orally or by IV treatments depending on the severity. It should be done slowly and carefully to prevent severe side effects and injury. Avoidance of the exposure is also necessary to keep the levels down. Seafood may be a source of mercury poisoning. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Natural gas poisoning treatment
- Can egg whites be used as an antidote of lead and mercury poisoning?
- Mercury poisoning
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Mercury poisoning tuna
- Harpic toilet cleaner poisoning treatment
- How long does mercury poisoning take to heal?
- Oyster food poisoning treatment
- Talk to a environmental health specialist online for free