Doctor insights on:
No: The scrotum is designed to be a cool safe haven for sperm. Hot tubs, hot pants are associated with poor sperm quality; it is unlikely/improbable that men are more fertile in hot weather. That is not to say that they are infertile in hot weather or more fertile in cold weather. The sperm prefer cooler temperatures, since they are the source of male fertility, they need to be happy-cooler is better. ...Read more
Yes: Frequent pot smoking leads to pituitary gland dysfunction and is directly toxic to the testicles. Having said that, many 30-40 year olds would not be alive today if this was universal! no safe level of pot smoking has been established to preserve fertility. Best bet is to quit smoking anything while trying to conceive. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fertility for Men: Yes. It depends on the cause of the infertility. If it is due to an infection or venous congestion, these have no proven value. However, certain drugs such as clomid, (clomiphene) can increase free testosterone and thereby increase sperm production. Nutrition centers sell numerous "blends" that purport to do the same thing - i would be very cautious about trying any of these without a doctor's consultation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Fertile foods for men
- Make men fertile
- Are circumcised men more fertile?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are men with spina bifida less fertile?
- Does alcoholism make men less fertile?
- Do antidepressants make men less fertile?
- Can men sense when a woman is most fertile?
- Talk to a reproductive endocrinologist online for free