Doctor insights on:
Medications Given After Colectomy
I've noticed vitamins/medications coming out in my stool post colectomy. How can I be sure that birth control pills are fully absorbed and effective?
I had a total colectomy over 20 years ago, any special diet that i need to follow now that I am on my fortys?
Colectomy and diet.: What is your family doctor telling you when you go in for your routine physical? ...Read more
Yes, for Certain dx: Constipation, common problem that is managed by medicines and diet the vast majority of the time. For certain conditions (colonic inertia, megacolon- where patients aren't going to the bathroom for >5days) surgery is an option. Often entails removal of the colon and sewing the small bowel to the rectum. Done laparoscopically. Tremendous improvemnt in quaility of life when properly selected. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
You don't : Say how many days post colectomy. Usually after colon resection you may see some blood with the first 1-2 bm's but after that you should not see blood. If you are you need to call your surgeon promptly and be evaluated. This can be very serious if not dealt with propmtly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Medication given during colonoscopy
- What kind of pain medications are given after open carpal tunnel release surgery?
- Life after colectomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Digestive complaints after colectomy
- Getting in shape after a colectomy
- Colectomy diet after surgery
- Diet after total colectomy
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free