Doctor insights on:
Medical Procedures To Remove Sebaceous Cysts
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Not a good idea...: Sebaceous cysts need to be excised in their entirety, including the area of skin which is involved. You risk pain, bleeding, scarring, infection and other problems if you try and take care of them at home. It is generally easy to excise them with appropriate training and equipment and it can usually be done in the office. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Re excision: Sebaceous cysts have a thin wall and also have a tract leading to the sebaceous gland. The gland constantly produces sebum but in your case the outflow gets obstructed leading to a mass of sebum, In order to avoid it from re occurring the surgeon must remove the sac as well as the gland and duct so the excision is wider than the cyst itself. Often its difficult to be sure you removed everything ...Read more
I have no med ins. What is the best route for me to pursue to have a scalpal sebaceous cyst removed?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to remove a sebaceous cyst on the head?
- Singapore doctor remove sebaceous cysts
- Who can remove a sebaceous cyst
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the procedure to remove a sebaceous cyst?
- How to remove a sebaceous cyst at home?
- How to remove sebaceous cyst without surgery?
- How much does it hurt to remove a sebaceous cyst?
- Talk to a plastic surgeon online for free