Doctor insights on:
Medical Conditions Cause Itchy Skin
Itchy Skin: Itchy skin can be a result of medications. It can also be do to excessive dryness in you house in the winter time. This is known as winter itch eczema. Soaps and laundry detergents can also be responsible. Use a body cleanser like cetaphil and use all free & clear for you laundry. No fabric softeners! if it doesn't get better, do see a dermatoloigist. ...Read more
Itchy rash: The most common cause is dty skin. Moisterize after bath or shower when skin is still slightly moist. This will help maintain the moisture in the skin. Less common could be thyroid disease or blood disorder so see your doctor if the condition continues. ...Read more
What causes darkening itchy skin. Seems like it started a year ago after vacation in miami. Hair also thinning and dry. Any suggestions?
Darkening of skin: Yes virginia sun exposure in southery climes can darken and dry out skin. A major endocrine problem affecting the skin and hair is adrenal insufficiency. The best established change in skin color with hypothyroidism is a yellowing of the skin from a build up of carotene. Hyperthyroidism does not change skin coloration. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Allergy,infection: Causes include scabies, a mite infection, a reaction to a medication, a reaction to laundry detergent, fabric softener, new clothing. In addition it could be sign of eczema where rash is not yet apparent. If significant and not improved with otc cream see dermatologist or primary care physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause for itchy bumpy skin rash on legs
- Causes of itchy small bumps on face skin
- What causes itchy skin when being overtired is it just stress?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms red itchy face tight skin hot face causes
- Can a vitamin b 12 deficiency cause itchy skin?
- Can doxycycline cause an itchy skin rash?
- Can wine cause itchy skin?
- Talk to a dermatologist online