Doctor insights on:
Meconium Aspiration Cause
maybe: Mecononium aspiration at birth can cause a condition called an 'anoxic brain injury'. This is when not enough oxygen feeds the brain. As a result one can suffer with learning disabilities, physical deficits, mental retardation, and other disorders. A psychological disorder can develop depending on multiple factors but not all ma babies will necessarily develop any of the above. ...Read more
1. The removal of a gas or fluid by suction. 2. The sucking of fluid or a foreign body into the airway when drawing breath. 3. A surgical technique used in the treatment of cataracts of the eye, in which an incision is made into the cornea, the lens capsule is severed, and the material of the lens is fragmented and ...Read more
Meconium ; asthma: Meconium aspiration depending on severity can cause "chronic lung disease" (cld). Cld is a term used for a variety of lung diseases producing similar symptoms ; end results. Relationship of meconium aspiration to asthma is not well studied. Since asthma ; cld have similar symptoms to present with some children may be wrongly diagnosed with asthma. ...Read more
If a child had meconium aspiration (small amount) could it cause issues with weight gain she is 3 months and only weighs 8lbs 8.5 oz. Her weight ?
Depends: A kid with a minor meconium aspiration should not face poor weight gain unless the experience led to chronic breathing difficulties. If a kid is having to work harder to breathe, calorie expenditure for this function would take it away from growth.. If the issue was treated & resolved, any failure to thrive will come from another issue. ...Read more
Probably not: Once you are grown, it should not have any lasting effects. As an infant, they will sometimes have problems with lung disease, but if it has not happened by now, it is unlikely to happen in the future. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Did smoking during pregnancy cause my baby to have meconium aspiration syndrome
- Causes of meconium aspiration syndrome
- Causes of meconium aspiration
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects severe meconium aspiration
- Does amniotic infection cause meconium stained amniotic fluid?
- Is the lung damage from meconium aspiration permanent?
- Causes of meconium ileus
- Talk to a pediatrician online