Doctor insights on:
Meaning Of Low Diastolic Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
NOW BP MAYBE OK: Asymptomatic chronic low blood pressure is generally not a problem. However, some possible causes: low thyroid, low cortisol, heart disease, dehydration, blood loss, allergic reaction (anaphylaxis), infection (sepsis). You may need lab tests to check these possibilites. ...Read more
Low Blood Pressure: Low blood pressure (BP) may be normal for an individual who is thin, has a very low salt intake, inadequate fluid intake, developed an irregular heart rhythm or other heart problem. Athletes often have low heart rates and low BP due to their extreme fitness. Dysautonomia (dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system) can cause low BP - treated with support hose, postural maneuvers and medicines. ...Read more
Specifies cause: The kidneys are integral to the control of blood pressure. This is why kidney (renal) diseases involving the kidneys themselves or the blood vessels feeding the kidneys can cause hypertension. When your doctor identifies the kidneys as the culprit, he may refer to it as renal hypertension. There are many other causes of high blood pressure, & optimal treatment may depend on the cause. See your md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the meaning of a diastolic blood pressure reading?
- Low diastolic blood pressure numbers
- Low diastolic blood pressure significance
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of low diastolic blood pressure
- What is a low diastolic blood pressure?
- Systolic diastolic low blood pressure
- Causes of low diastolic blood pressure
- Talk to a cardiologist online