Doctor insights on:
Meaning Of Disulfiram Reaction
See below: Disulfiram is approved as a treatment for alcohol dependence. It works by interfering with the breakdown of alcohol leading to an accumulation of acetaldehyde which causes nausea and flushing. It also seems to slow metabolism of Dopamine which has led to its having a small role in Cocaine dependence. ...Read more
Why?: you planning on drinking on it? Bad idea, since the reaction can be so immediate and nasty that there isn't time for an antidote. If you are the person on antabuse, the only reason to want to counteract it would be to drink, and that would be BAD for you, so I am not going to say. But there ISNT anything to counteract it you can use to safely drink. An Antabuse reaction can be treated with meds. ...Read more
Yes: There are no drug interactions between these medications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of disulfiram like reaction
- How to get rid of allergic reaction on face?
- Meaning of ridges in fingernails
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Meaning of itchy left nostril
- Meaning both kidney show mild to moderate dilatation of pelvicalyceal system
- How to get rid of face rash from allergic reaction?
- What are the signs of an allergic reaction to cajun or creole seasoning?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free