Doctor insights on:
Masturbation After Angioplasty And Stent
Drug Eluting Stents: Have better long term track record. Remember: stents are made of stainless steel, a material foreign to the body which also ↑clotting. Drugs on stent struts which suppress the foreign body reaction ↓overgrowth of cells around the stent but also ↓stent coverage by endothelial cells preventing clots. Thus best stay on anti-platelet agents much longer. Some older drug-binding coatings ↑ed problems. ...Read more
Dr as I underwent an angioplasty with one stent of LMAC now some times feel buring sensation, mild pain lower part of abodmen and upper part?
Symptoms after stent: After a stent is implanted to treat a blocked coronary artery, patients and doctors are often concerned about symptoms and wonder whether they are a warning sign of a coronary event. Figuring out the right approach (stress test? repeat angiogram? medical therapy?) depends on getting all the clinical details. Consider seeing your cardiologist or a second opinion consult on healthtap. ...Read more
Acute or chronic?: If the occluded vessels are associated with a heart attack implying that they have just occurred (that in itself is odd because there is generally only 1 culprit vessel), there's benefit in trying to re-open it and stent it. If they are chronic, total occlusions, there is no benefit and the risks outweigh any minor potential benefit. ...Read more
I have had two renal angioplasty for fmd and now have to have a stent. What is expected recovery time?
Recovery time varies: Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, smoker or not, blood sugar control, the exact type of procedure, and post-operative and follow up care. Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you. ...Read more
Are secondary varicoceles rectifiable? Perhaps such ones caused by the nutcracker effect? Stent and angioplasty could resolve?
Depend where located: This is something you may want to discuss with your physician as to the best option for your circumstance. Vericoceles can be in different locations in the body, and therefore treatment depends on where they are. Some are treated interventionally. Others aren't. ...Read more
If my husband had angioplasty and stent put in last week how long must we wait before being intimate again?
Ask your doctor: Nothing about a stent should impact intimacy. The underlying heart trouble might. Ask you doctor about your specific case. ...Read more
Not if it's deployed: If the stent is properly "deployed" (expanded) it's well wedged into the surrounding tissue and will go nowhere. If it falls off the balloon (rare) that's a different matter. ...Read more
Yes/no: 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts. ...Read more
44 yr m.On 15th may gone through coronary angioplasty with inserrtion of one stent. What precautions should I tk. Can I lead normal life nw?
Different life: Do you have an acute coronary episode (heart attack)? Or the coronary artery disease discovered by stress test due to angina? Anyway you should go through a program call cardiac rehabilitation. Your life have to change. Weight reduction, exercise program, diet, LDL less than 100 possibly even less than 70mg/dl, top smoking, diabetes control, BP less than 130/80 etc. Close follow with cardiology. ...Read more
I had angioplasty (one stent in OM 3) 8 yrs back. I was prescribed Ecospirin 150 mg initially but now the doctor says 75 mg is enough. Pls advise?
Prob fine: 75 mg is probably enough aspirin. Higher doses appear to only give increased bleeding risk. ...Read more
I have had 8 heart caths, 6 stents and 2 angioplastys. My last stent was a month ago, and I have another blockage of 50%. Do I have a disability case?
Pain after: Arterial access. May form a bruise. If focal swelling at your groin get checked by the doctor who did the procedure. Should go away in a few days otherwise. ...Read more
I am 44 years old. I lost 13 kg weight with hard exercise in gym in 6 months. Can it be the reason of my recent CAD later angioplasty with stent.
Keep exercising: Moderate exercise doesn't cause coronary artery disease. It's possible that as you started exercising harder, you started having symptoms that led to the discovery of coronary artery disease. It's interesting, though, that long-distance endurance athletes, such as marathoners, might have more coronary disease, but that probably takes years of intense training and chronic stress on the body. ...Read more
Middle LAD & circumflex artery are 100% blocked. Blockages, while severe, short in length. Both arteries receive collateral. Can angioplasty/stent help?
Likely: Hair transplant would be considered a fairly low-risk procedure. Depending on the person who is doing the transplant for you, they may want you to discontinue Plavix (clopidogrel) or similar medication, if you're still on it. Generally, most can discontinue Plavix (clopidogrel) or similar medication after about 12 months of implantation of stent. Discuss with your cardiologist. ...Read more
Renal Angioplasty: Angioplasty is balloon revascularization. Usual approach is 2mm incision in the femoral artery at groin, sheath inserted, followed by the cannulation of the artery with a catheter. Dye is injected to locate area in need of angioplasty. Balloon over a wire via the catheter & when in place is inflated to an appropriate pressure. The balloon is removed and then stent deployed and inflated at stenosis. ...Read more
As Instructed: Carefully and meticulously follow the instructions provided to you in advance of the procedure by your doctor or hospital. These directions will be specific to your medications, conditions and the standard practices of your caregiver. ...Read more
I had undergone an angioplasty and stent after I had a mild heart attack in aug 2007. Why long should I feel low energy level.?
Not this long.: If the angioplasty and stenting were successful and it was truly a minor mi, you should have your strength back by now. You may be de-conditioned or there is some degree of heart failure following the mi or another unrelated cause for your lack of energy. Please follow up with your cardiologist! ...Read more
Can you do angioplasty stent on restively short 100% blockage in mid LAD and 100 % posterolateral branch of circumflex artery & both relatively small.
Generally yes: The real question is do they need to be done. An artery that has been closed for some time (cto), is usually no longer threatening to you. In some cases, with unacceptable symptoms despite appropriate meds, an attempt at opening the vessels may be considered. Ask an interventional cardiologist with experience in doing ctos to review your cath. ...Read more
What do you recommend if I had an angioplasty two years ago and now he has a stent in his coronary arteries and also he takes Lipitor (atorvastatin) 20 every day?
What are reasons to get heart bypass surgery rather than angioplasty with a stent to open the arteries?
Angioplasty or bypas: Left main disease, bifurcation stenosis, calcified arteries, and multivessel disease are common reasons for opting bypass surgery over angioplasty. ...Read more
My father just had angioplasty post heart attack where they put one stent. A week has passed and he feels prickly feeling under left armpit. Reasons?
Discomfort: Cannot see the relationship, however tell him to let his cardiologist know about it. Good Luck ...Read more
What is likelyhood of having heart attack or angina after angioplasty (balloon) & stent placed on main artery?
Angioplasty/stent: Heart attack is not necessarily prevented by angioplasty or stent. We do treat the underlying disease aggressively as well as dual anti platelet therapy to prevent stent thrombosis. If you smoke it negates much of the treatment. Most people do well after angioplasty and stenting. ...Read more
I am 61 years old, I have undergone angioplasty (single stent) for right coronary artery 3 years ago. Can I exercise daily for 30 minutes on a treadmill?
- Talk to a doctor online
- Cough after angioplasty stent
- Can i masturbate with a urinary stent?
- Massage after angioplasty
- Dental extraction after angioplasty
- Smoking marijuana after angioplasty
- Travel after angioplasty
- Leg pain after angioplasty
- Alcohol after angioplasty
- Why is my thigh burning after a balloon angioplasty with stenting?