Doctor insights on:
Massage And Aortic Aneurysm
Yes: With the exception of deep abdominal massage or forceful back massage when the person is lying on his stomach. In general, we advise patients with abdominal aneurysms control blood pressure, refrain from smoking, and stay away from activities that increase intraabdominal pressure (like sit-ups or crunches or heavy lifting). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
No AND...: If a person knows that they have an aortic aneurysm, it is likely large enough that it was found during a physician's exam. Some aortic aneurysms can be very sensitive and could rupture easily. While I am not able to find any reports of a ruptured aneurysm from massage, I do know of an aneurysm rupturing when a patient was being physically moved to an operating table. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several things: About 5% of men over the age of 65 have abdominal aortic aneurysms. Risk factors include: increasing age, male sex, family history of aneurysm (may increase your risk 4-fold), hypertension, and history of smoking. Dissecting aneurysms can be caused by localized damage to to the artery from hypertension or trauma (deceleration or sheering-type injury) or catheter injury from an angiogram. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Based on size: The risk of rupture of an aortic aneurysm increases with its size (diameter). When the size reaches a certain threshold, the risk of rupture becomes substantial. At this point, a repair is justified either with surgery or a percutaneous stent graft. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can massage therapy help an aortic aneurysm?
- How massage can help aortic aneurysm?
- Is it alright to massage someone with an aortic aneurysm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are rapid heartbeats and sweating symptoms of an aortic aneurysm?
- Is there a difference between a thoracic aneurysm and a thoracic aortic aneurysm?
- What are signs and symptoms of an abdominal aortic aneurysm?
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm signs and symptoms
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free