Doctor insights on:
Manicure And Pedicure Products
Yes: If the person doing it is very experienced, well-trained and careful not to cause any tissue injury. Make sure you discuss all of this with them in advance. ...Read more
Mani/Pedi in preg: Is anything proven to be safe during pregnancy? While nothing in life is 100% safe, i think that if you takd precautions to avoid prolonged exposure to fumes, you should be ok to have a mani/pedi during pregnancy. Let's face it: you want to make yourself look and feel pretty during that grueling last month of pregnancy! ...Read more
Personal issue: Unless you are a diabetic or have anatomical inability to reach your toes (from musculoskeletal problems or weight issues), then pedicure is a matter of appearance and comfort and the frequency depends upon the change in appearance with time that you are trying to correct. ...Read more
Probably not: The mechanical aspects of this are totally safe. There are some potentially toxic chemicals but the exposure as a client would be an insignificant risk. I wonder however about the employees who have this exposure hour after hour; day after day. ...Read more
I got a manicure and my skin was cut, i now have a growth that that sometimes bleeds if i aggregate it. It also appears to get larger if injured.
Pyogenic granuloma: Although i cannot be sure without examining you it sounds like you might have one. These can be induced by trauma, and frequently bleed. You should see a dermatologist regarding this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ugly toenails from fungus and calluses can pedicure help
- Amway nutrilite products given to paralytic and stroke patients
- I have bad back and chest acne what treatments or products would you recommend
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- The best and safest weight loss products
- What food and drink products contain nitric oxide?
- Are some ground turkey and chicken products in which the skin is ground much higher in fats?
- Are there any natural products that work for both weight control and arthritis?
- Manicure and pedicure hazards