Doctor insights on:
Management Of Gerd
Can you recommend the Torax Linx device as a less invasive alternative to a Nissen Fundoplication for management of GERD?
Good early reposrts: New device but seems promising. Early report from LAC-USC in Los Angeles, CA endorse its use so far ...Read more
Maybe: Gerd is usually controlled with lifestyle changes and medication. There are some who are "cured" with certain surgical procedures which don't allow the stomach contents to reflux up into the esophagus. See your pcp or a gastroenterologist or a surgeon who specializes in this area. Surgery is usually reserved for those who cannot get control with medications or have other reasons. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Heartburn: Gerd is the medical term for heartburn. It stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is your stomach acid refluxing or rising up into your esophagus ( food pipe) which presents as a burning sensation. If left untreated for a long period it can lead to severe irritation and inflammation of the lining of the esophagus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Nursing management of leprosy
- Nursing management of eclampsia
- Can gerd cause chest pain and shortness of breath?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Nursing management of placenta previa
- Nursing management of pyloric stenosis
- Nursing management of typhoid fever
- What are the most common complications of a nissen fundoplication for gerd?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online